Travel Insurance

0333 300 2160

Monday to Friday 8am -7pm, Saturdays 9am to 5pm

Get a quote

  We do not provide cover for travel to Afghanistan, Liberia or Sudan

Please note: You will not be covered for holiday cancellation until your policy start date. Choose today’s date if you want cover as soon as possible.

Buy with security

Secure purchase path Secure purchase path

Sign up to our Newsletter

Thank you for signing up for the Leisureguard Lite Travel Insurance newsletter!

Frequently asked questions

Am I covered if I am pregnant?

Yes, cover is included for pregnancy. However it relates solely for complications that arise during the course of the pregnancy because being pregnant is not considered to be a medical condition.

What is a policy Excess?

Most sections of the policy carry an Excess. You have agreed to pay towards a claim under each section of the policy. The amount may vary depending on the level of cover you have chosen. It is applicable per person per section. The Excess will be reduced to NIL if you have used an EHIC (formerly E111) to reduce your medical expenses bill.

What is a Pre-existing Medical Condition?

You are considered to have a pre-existing medical condition if you answer “Yes” to any part of the following questions, which you were asked when you applied for insurance with us. Have you:

  • Been prescribed medication, or received medical treatment in the last 12 months;
  • Attended a hospital or clinic as an out-patient or in-patient in the last two years;
  • Been currently put on a waiting list for treatment or investigation;
  • Been diagnosed by a medical practitioner as suffering from a terminal illness.
  • If you have any pre-existing medical conditions please call 0333 300 2160 to assess if you are eligible to obtain full cover for the condition(s) disclosed. For more information, please refer to the "Health and Pre-existing Medical Conditions" section of the policy wording.

What are the Terms and Conditions?

Terms and Conditions are another expression for the Policy Wording. You need to read the Policy Wording carefully because it sets out the cover that you have purchased and also the conditions that you need to meet in order to make a claim.

What are my cancellation rights?

If after reading the Policy Wording you decide the terms of the insurance contract do not meet your requirements you can, WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE DATE YOU RECEIVED YOUR DOCUMENTS, and providing you have not travelled or made a claim, return it for a full refund. No refunds will be given for policies cancelled outside the 14 days.

What Winter Sports are covered?

Provided you have paid the appropriate premium for the Winter Sports upgrade, and you are aged 65 or under, you are covered for: ski equipment, piste closure, avalanche cover, ski hire and ski pack costs up to the limits shown on the summary of cover. Activities covered are:

  • Bob Sleighing
  • Cross Country Skiing
  • Curling
  • Dog Sleding
  • Dry Slope Skiing
  • Snow Kiting
  • Luging
  • Mono-skiing
  • Skiing
  • Skiing, Big Foot
  • Ski Bobbing
  • Sleding
  • Snow Boarding
  • Snow Cat Skiing
  • Snow Mobiling
  • Snow Shoeing
  • Tobagganing

What do I do if I need medical assistance when travelling?

In case of a medical emergency please phone 00 44 (0) 343 658 0303 quoting Leisure Guard Lite. You must retain receipts for medical and additional costs incurred and the excess must be paid by you at the time of treatment. Note: If you are physically unable to contact the assistance team then you or someone designated by you must contact the team within 48 hours.

How often can I travel on an Annual Multi-trip policy?

The policy lasts for the complete 12 months, and you can take as many trips/holidays as you wish during the year. Any individual trip or holiday must not last longer than 31 days unless the appropriate trip extension has been purchased and is shown in you Travel Insurance Policy Certificate.

How is my policy delivered?

Your policy can be emailed directly to your email address shortly after being issued. Please note that some internet providers filter our automated e-mails as SPAM so please check your SPAM/junk folder if the e-mail has not been received. If you have any difficulties receiving your policy documents, please call us on 0333 300 2160.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

No. The maximum age for our policy is 65 for both a Single Trip or an Annual Multi-Trip policy at the commencement of the period of insurance.

If you require cover and are over the age of 65, please click here to visit Leisure Guard Travel Insurance for a quote.

Do you offer cover for over 65s?

Yes there is cover up to age 75 for Single Trips to Europe only. The maximum age for our policy is 65 for Single Trip Worldwide and for Annual Multi-trip policies at the commencement of the period of insurance.

If you require cover for Single Trip Worldwide or an Annual Multi-trip, but are over the age of 65, please click here to visit Leisure Guard Travel Insurance for a quote.

Do you cover non-UK residents?

No. We only offer cover to residents of the United Kingdom.

Can I go scuba diving when travelling?

Scuba diving to a depth of 18 metres (within organisers guide lines) is covered. Scuba or skin diving to a maximum depth of 30 meters will be covered provided that you hold a British Sub Aqua Club (B.S.A.C.) or equivalent certificate of proficiency for the dive being undertaken or you are under the direct supervision of a qualified instructor; are diving with proper equipment and not contrary to B.S.A.C. codes of good practice; are not solo/cave/wreck diving, are not diving for hire or reward; are not diving within 24 hours of flying or flying within 24 hours of diving and are not suffering from any medical condition likely to impair your fitness to dive.

What products do you offer?

Single Trip policies. Annual Multi-trip policies with a maximum trip duration of 31 days (unless appropriate trip extension has been purchased and is shown on your Travel Insurance Policy Certificate). For Individuals, Couples and Families (including Single Parent Families) Including optional covers for Winter Sports, Golf, and Business cover

What credit/debit cards do you accept?

We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Visa Electron, American Express and Delta.

What happens if my bag is stolen with all my travel documents and money whilst I am travelling?

You must report theft or losses to the police or relevant authority within 24 hours of the event and obtain a written report. These reports are the only proof that the loss/theft did actually occur. Without them the insurer cannot make any payment to you. If you leave luggage and personal items unattended in a public place then we cannot be held responsible for any resultant claim. You should always take reasonable care to look after your property and treat it as if it were not insured. There is no cover for cash or valuables left in an unattended vehicle at any time, even if the vehicle is locked.

When do I need to purchase my travel insurance?

At the time of booking your travel arrangements make sure that you have cancellation cover in place for that particular trip. If your travel arrangements change then you must call Leisure Guard Lite Insurance immediately on 0333 300 2160. You must be able to provide the correct Period of Insurance on your documentation in the event of a claim.

What do I need to take on holiday with me?

Please ensure that you take a copy of your Travel Insurance Policy Certificate and a copy of the full Policy Wording with you- these documents contain important numbers that you may require whilst travelling.

Am I covered for cancellation?

If you have paid the appropriate premium, you are covered for cancellation of your holiday for the reasons stated in the Policy Wording. You may be able to claim (subject to the policy terms and conditions) for any travel or accommodation costs that you have either already paid or are contracted to pay, that you cannot reclaim from the tour operator.

What is an EHIC (formally E111)?

If you intend on travelling to European Union (EU) countries, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland. We would advise you to obtain a Form CM1 from your local main Post Office. On returning this, duly completed, to the main Post Office you will be issued with a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which will entitle you to certain free or reduced cost health arrangements in the EU, EEA or Switzerland. (Full details are given in the DSS Leaflet No. SA40). NB: In the event that you have used the EHIC to effectively reduce the cost of your treatment or medicines; then you will not have to pay an Excess in relation to any medical related claims.

What vaccinations do I need?

You should check with your doctor as soon as possible, your doctor will be best advised to tell you what vaccinations are required, if any.

Can I change my policy?

You can change or upgrade your policy at any time as long as you have not made a claim. Please contact Leisure Guard Lite Insurance on 0333 300 2160 for amendments and upgrades.

Which Special Sports and Activities are covered at no additional premium?


The following Special Sports and Activities are automatically included in the policy:

  • Abseiling (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Aerobics
  • Angling
  • Archery
  • Athletics
  • Badminton
  • Banana boating
  • Baseball
  • Basketball
  • Board sailing
  • Bowling
  • Bowls
  • Bungee jumping (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Canoeing (up to grade 2 rivers only)
  • Climbing (on a climbing wall only)
  • Cricket
  • Curling
  • Cycling (excl tours)
  • Deep sea fishing
  • Fell walking
  • Fishing
  • Football
  • Glacier walking
  • Gliding (no cover for crewing or piloting)
  • Golf
  • Gymnastics
  • Handball
  • Heptathlon
  • Hiking/trekking/walking (below 4,000 metres)
  • Horse riding (excl. competitions/racing/jumping/hunting)
  • Hot air ballooning(organised pleasure rides only)
  • Ice-skating
  • Indoor climbing (on climbing wall)
  • Kayaking (up to grade 2 rivers only)
  • Kite surfing
  • Marathon running
  • Motorcycling (up to 125cc)
  • Mountain biking (excl Downhill)
  • Netball
  • Football/Soccer (noncompetitive)
  • Organised safari without guns
  • Orienteering
  • Overland trips
  • Parascending over water
  • Pony trekking
  • Racket ball
  • Rackets
  • Rambling
  • Rap jumping (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Ringos
  • Roller skating/blading (wearing pads & helmets)
  • Rounders
  • Rowing (except racing)
  • Running
  • Safari trekking in a vehicle (must be organised tour)
  • Safari trekking on foot (must be organised tour)
  • Sailboarding
  • Scuba diving to 30 metres (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Sea kayaking
  • Skateboarding (wearing pads and helmets)
  • Sledging (pulled by horse or reindeer as a passenger)
  • Snooker, pool and billiards
  • Snorkelling
  • Softball
  • Squash
  • Surfing
  • Swimming
  • Table tennis
  • Ten pin bowling
  • Tennis
  • Tubing
  • Tug of war
  • Volleyball
  • Wakeboarding
  • Water Polo
  • Water skiing
  • White water rafting (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Windsurfing
  • Zorbing

Which Special Sports & Activities are covered with an additional premium?


The following sports and activities in Table B will also be covered but no cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims:

  • Camel Riding
  • Catamaran sailing (if qualified)
  • Clay pigeon shooting
  • Dinghy sailing
  • Go karting (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Jet boating (no racing)
  • Jet skiing (no racing)
  • Paint balling (wearing eye protection)
  • Rifle range shooting
  • Sailing/yachting inshore (recreational,no racing)
  • Shooting (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Small bore target shooting (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • War games (wearing eye protection)
  • Yachting (if qualified)
  • Zip Lining


Your policy can be extended to cover the following Special Sports and Activities in Table C for an additional Premium:

  • American football
  • Climbing up to 4,000 metres
  • Dry slope skiing
  • Endurance tests
  • Fives
  • Hiking/trekking/walking (above 5,000 metres)
  • Hockey
  • Lacrosse
  • Outdoor endurance events
  • Langlauf
  • Organised safari with guns
  • Parascending over land
  • Rugby
  • Sand dune surfing/skiing
  • Scuba diving between 30 - 50 metres (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Speed skating
  • Street hockey (wearing pads and helmets)
  • Summer tobogganing
  • Trampolining
  • White water canoeing (up to grade 4 only)
  • Yachting, boating, sailing and rowing (only inland waters or coastal waters within 12 mile limit from land)


Your policy can be extended to cover the following Special Sports and Activities in Table D for an additional premium, but no cover will apply in respect of any Personal Accident or Personal Liability claims:

  • Canyoning
  • Cycle Touring
  • Fencing (within organiser’s guidelines)
  • Gaelic football
  • High Diving
  • Hurling
  • Ice Hockey
  • Land Yachting
  • Martial Arts (Training Only)
  • Micro Lighting
  • Motor Rallying
  • Parachuting
  • Paragliding
  • Paraseiling
  • Polo
  • Rafting, canoeing, kayaking up to Grade 4
  • Rock Climbing
  • Rock Scrambling
  • Sailing/yachting inshore (recreational, crewing, no racing)
  • Sailing/yachting offshore (recreational, no racing)
  • Ski Diving
  • Triathlon – Road Bike & Iron Man
  • Work Abroad

Which Special Sports & Activities are not covered?


You will not be covered for any claims arising directly or indirectly when engaging in or practising the following sports and activities in Table E:

  • Adventure racing
  • Base jumping
  • Biathlon
  • Big game hunting
  • Black water rafting
  • BMX riding
  • Bouldering
  • Boxing
  • Cave tubing
  • Caving/potholing
  • Climbing over 4,000 metres
  • Cycle racing
  • Cycle cross
  • Downhill Mountain Biking
  • Drag racing
  • Flying (except passengers in licensed passenger carrying aircraft)
  • Free mountaineering
  • Hang gliding
  • Harness racing
  • High diving (over 5 metres)
  • Hunting (fox/drag)
  • Jousting
  • Judo
  • Karate
  • Kendo
  • Martial arts
  • Modern pentathlon
  • Motor cycle racing
  • Motor racing
  • Mountaineering over 4,000 metres
  • Paragliding/parapenting
  • Power boat racing
  • Power lifting
  • Professional sports of any kind
  • Quad biking
  • River bugging
  • Rodeo
  • Roller hockey
  • Shark diving (in cage)
  • Speed trials/time trials
  • Water ski jumping
  • Weight lifting
  • Wrestling

Buy with security

Secure purchase path Secure purchase path

Sign up to our Newsletter

Thank you for signing up for the Leisureguard Lite Travel Insurance newsletter!

add chat to your website